COVID-19 Temporary Policies & Procedures
In an attempt to protect clients and staff the following procedures and practices will be temporarily modified until further notice.
1. We will not have a designated waiting room. When clients arrive they will call the office at 325-672-9999 and inform the staff they have arrived for their session. We ask clients to inform the staff of the color and type of vehicle they are driving to expedite the therapist making connection with the client.
2. After the session has completed the therapist will reschedule clients and then clients will be encouraged to make their co-pay with administrative staff by phone. If desired this could happen before session as well depending on the availability of administrative staff.
3. Our normal policy for Child Supervision (as stated in the Informed Consent form) will be modified during this time period. Children under the age of 15 will not be required to have an adult on the premises, as we do not have a waiting area for them to wait in during this time period. A responsible adult is required to drop off their child and participate as determined by the therapist on a case by case basis. Responsible parties will either wait in their vehicles during the session or find a comfortable area to wait near the counseling center. Responsible parties will need to ensure the Ministry of Counseling has a current cell phone number, where they can be contacted and return to the center quickly if needed.
1. The Ministry of Counseling will not have a waiting room to gather in or wait for completion of sessions until CDC recommendations allow.
2. Staff and Therapists will be taking recommended precautions to prevent transmission of any possible infections. Including hand washing, social distancing, disinfecting counseling offices after each session, if necessary taking temperatures and staying home if not feeling well.
3. Clients will need to stay home and reschedule if they are not feeling well. Clients will not be seen for at least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery defined as resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); and, at least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
4. We encourage our clients to maintain appropriate distance from therapists and other clients. Therapist will check the temperature of all persons entering the building.
BEGINNING JULY 6
FACE COVERINGS WILL BE REQUIRED
FOR BOTH CLIENT AND CLINICIAN